90 Ångstrom pore size
- Incorporates a highly polar ligand that contains 5 hydroxyl groups tethered to 2.7 µm Fused-Core® silica particles via novel, proprietary linkage chemistry (Table F)
- Ideal for hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (HILIC) separations of oligosaccharides, and particularly, of released and labeled glycans from glycoproteins and proteoglycans
- Mobile phases typically consist of acetonitrile and aqueous ammonium formate buffer (50 mM, pH 4.4) used to form a gradient of increasing water content during elution
- Each lot of HALO® Glycan material is tested for quality assurance (Figure KK) by separation of a procainamide-reducing-end-labeled glycan ladder of oligosaccharides having 2–25 glucose units (GU).
- Peaks for oligosaccharides composed of 5 and 10 GU must meet tight specifications for retention and peak width before lot is approved for glycan analysis
- 2 µm inlet frit
- Pressure limit, 600 bar/9000 psi